Monday, November 17, 2008

New Post

In a way I've jumped ship from livejournal, where much of what I post is to keep friends updated on my oh-so cosmopolitan life. This is a home for the urgent words I need to express as an East-West woman so that I might retain my sanity. I divide my time between the New-Old Dominion and the City of Gold. I'm both an authentic, native Arab and a native American who is unsure of her authenticity.

Bush is on his way out of office, but one of his legacies is a smoldering rift between Arab-Americans and America. Mr. 43 left me with a huge chip on my shoulder. Is it time to brush it off? I'll let you know as I keep tabs on the "post-racial" America that isn't even post-911.

This isn't political, because others are far better at that. I'm over the political blog; this is a CULTURE blog because... I'm in culture-shock.









No comments:

Post a Comment